Thursday, April 24, 2014

1956-style Earl Morrall custom



Unlike many of the players that appear on my custom vintage format baseball and football cards, I have no real affinity for Earl Morrall . . . I just wanted to create a 1956 Topps-style San Francisco 49ers card.

I love me some '56 Topps football and the 49ers cards in that set were among my favorites.

I've got nothing against Morrall. He was a good -- but not great -- quarterback over 21 seasons, winning an NFL Championship and three Super Bowls, along with a couple of MVPs.

Morrall made his "real" Topps rookie card debut in the 1957 set, though he was depicted as a 49er. Just prior to the opening of the season he had been traded to the Steelers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.