Saturday, August 24, 2013

One Topps typesetter was cap-crazy in 1952

While doing some research for my most recent 1952 Topps-style custom card, I had occasion to read the back of the '52T Chico Carrasquel card.

I had never before noticed how many nouns were capitalized for no apparent reason. Since I don't recall noticing that previously, I have to assume that not all '52T cards were similarly affected.

Note the capital letters on;
  • Record (line 2)
  • League (line 3)
  • Triple (line 4)
  • Play (line 4)
  • Big (line 8)
  • Leaguer (line 8)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.