Monday, August 12, 2013

Vintage Fox photo shows 1960 Topps card

Back on Aug. 4 I presented by 1952 Topps-style custom card of Nellie Fox.

That reminded me of a photo that I have had in my archives for quite a few years.

It is a 1960 press photo showing Nellie Fox at spring training signing an autograph for a young fan. The photo clearly shows that Fox is signing his 1960 Topps card. 

Photos of players with their cards, especially from 50+ years ago, aren't seen very often. I thought you might enjoy seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.