Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Russell Wilson worthy of a "double-header" custom



My most recent 1955 Topps All-American style custom card is a double-header; it is only the second time I've created two different '55-style cards for the same player. My first was Troy Aikman, for whom I created cards as a UCLA Bruin and an Oklahoma State Sooner.

This time, I chose to do two cards of Russell Wilson. While I finished the card fronts a month or more ago, I had to wait until the NFL Rookie of the Year voting was announced Saturday night before I could complete my biographical write-up on the back. 

It's not surprising that Wilson didn't win the honor, but I'd held out hope. After all, he was a third-round draft pick, rather than a first-rounder, and he led his team deeper into the playoffs than the draft's No. 1 and No. 2 picks. As I showed you last time, I've done an RG3 card. I haven't yet been moved to do a card of Andrew Luck

Since photos of Wilson with both N.C. State and Wisconsin were readily available, and since two card backs are almost as easy to create as one, I decided to do ahead with separate fronts for each stage of his collegiate career.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.