Sunday, September 30, 2012

1977 Richie Rich hosts Hostess card ad

I'm in the process of divesting myself of a 30+ years' accumulation of sorts cards and memorabilia. The process will likely outlive me. 

I've generally been grabbing a box off the piles in my card closet and in my basement, sorting through it, and putting on eBay those items I feel have a place in today's market. It's been an education. Like many of you, the treasure trove I hoarded in the 1980s-2000s and that I hoped would help fund my retirement is now returning mostly pocket change.

But, I'm having fun looking again at the stuff I thought would have some future value. Occasionally, I'll share some of it on this blog.

One such item is a Sept., 1977, issue of Richie Rich Gems comic book. 

On the inside cover is a colorful artwork ad for Hostess snack products and the "3 Free Baseball Cards" printed on the box bottoms. 

The sample cards shown are an effective artistic interpretation of the actual cards issued. 

I guess this is another instance where I'm the only one that thinks this is a neat collectible. I offered it twice for a week each time on eBay with no takers at a $4.99 minimum bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.