Thursday, September 10, 2009

A little late, but . . .


I would have posted this more timely in relation to the senator's death, but as I mentioned, I was on vacation and did not have access to my custom card creation archives to include the photo. I have the card front posted on my Photobucket pages (www.tinyurl.com/customcards)
but didn't have the back image on that site.

This 1955 Topps All-American style custom card of Ted Kennedy was one of the first dozen or so cards I created in my long-running "2nd Series" of college cards in one of my all-time favorite formats. The card was originally created more than six years ago, and was probably the first one on which I adopted the vertical layout, which was necessary to accomodate the tall, narrow photo.

I wasn't a fan of the senator's politics, but since I had already done cards of John F. Kennedy and Bobby Kennedy (and would eventually do one of Joe Kennedy, Jr.), I felt it was necessary to do a Ted Kennedy card to complete the "set."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.