Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Custom creation: 41PB Rizzuto rookie card



Yesterday I presented my 1940 Play Ball-style minor league cards of Pee Wee Reese and Phil Rizzuto.

Today I'm showing my 1941 Play Ball Phil Rizzuto rookie card. While Reese was included in the original 1941 Play Ball set, Rizzuto's only card in 1941 was in the Double Play set.

By modifying the cap worn by Rizzuto in the photo I used for the 1940-format card, colorizing the portrait and placing it on a modified '41PB background (Johnny Cooney), I've done what I could to recreate a 1941 Play Ball rookie card for the Scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.