Monday, August 3, 2015

Winchester, Va., recognized in Civil War News custom card

On July 11, I presented my Civil War News custom card (see that post for background). At the time I undertook the project, I intended that it would be my only custom in the format of that 1962 Topps issue.

I enjoyed the process so much, however, that I immediately dove into another. I didn't really know anything about the Battle(s) of Winchester, but while searching for Civil War art, I had found a painting, "Especially for You," by genre master Mort Kunstler that "spoke" to me as a natural for a CWN card.

Once again, let me refer you to someone more qualified to present the history behind the card:

Winchester in the Civil War

As is the case with my University Greys custom card, I'm not offering my Victory Parade custom for sale, but I wanted to share it here.

Given my lifelong interest in the Civil War, and the cornucopia of wonderful Civil War art, I could easily create enough new CWN cards to match the original Topps 88, but at this juncture, I believe I'm going to cease working in that format, with the exception of one more card that will be forthcoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.