Friday, December 9, 2016

Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico customs added to '56-style Flags of the World




I was a pre-teen when Alaska (1959) and Hawaii (1960) became the 49th and 50th U.S. states. I remember it as being a big deal.

While the 1956 Topps Flags of the World bubblegum card issue of 80 cards did not include cards of those then-Territorial possessions of the U.S., I felt that creating customs of the two would make a nice addition. They represent the 8th and 9th customs I have made to enhance Topps' original checklist.

Here's the way the checklist currently stands:
Flags of the World
81   Islamic State
82   Iran
83   Scotland
84   Wales
85   England
86   Northern Ireland
87   Alaska
88   Hawaii
89   Vatican
90   Puerto Rico



What the heck . . . since I made custom Flags of the World cards for the then-U.S. Territories of Alaska and Hawaii, I decided to complete the trilogy with a card for Puerto Rico.


You can order these cards. Unless otherwise noted, all of my custom cards are available to collectors for $9.95 each, postpaid. Complete checklists of all my custom baseball, football and non-sports custom cards were published on this blog in late May (football), July 6 (non-sports) and Sept. 19 (baseball). To order, email me at scbcguy@yahoo.com for directions on paying via check/money order, or to my PayPal account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.