Wednesday, January 12, 2011

French-Canadians' help needed

I'm in the final stages of creating a 1972 O-Pee-Chee style football card for Carl Weathers.

The assistance of any of our Northern neighbors fluent in Canadian French is earnestly solicited, since OPC back them had bilingual backs.

I'd like to have this translated to Canadian French: "Carl came to the Lions in 1971 after playing the previous season with the Oakland Raiders of the NFL. In the off seasons, Carl studies acting."

After poking around some on the (free) translation sites available on the internet, I am not confident that they would do the job is a manner that would not be laughable to French Canadians.

But please, don't try to stick in any dirty words, I think I can recognize most of those.

Please email your translations to me at scbcguy@yahoo.com.

Merci!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.