Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy hundredth, Coach Lombardi


Today is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Vince Lombardi.


I take this occasion to show off a custom card I made some years ago as part of my series of 1955 Topps All-American style college cards.

When Lombardi was shepherding the Green Bay Packers from NFL doormats to dynasty, I didn't appreciate the man or his mission. At that time he represented all that I loathed about the "establishment."

I highly recommend the TV special Lombardi's Legacy that is replaying tonight on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. (Eastern). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.