Sunday, September 25, 2011

My customs on display at Ole Miss

I received a very gratifying email today from Oxford., Miss.

Last year, after he had seen some of my custom football cards on this blog, Langston Rogers, contacted me about displaying my four Ole Miss cards on campus. Rogers worked for nearly 30 years in the Sports Information Department at the University of Mississippi, until his retirement last year. Today he retains a retirement office at Ole Miss and the title of Senior Associate Athletic Director Emeritus.

Today, he sent photos of my cards on display in one of Archie Manning's cases at Hollingsworth-Manning Hall, which is the Ole Miss recruitment-memorabilia center where Rebels coaches huddle with recruits.  

I was a late-comer (mid-1980s) to Ole Miss fandom, so I'm honored to have my custom cards on display where they can be enjoyed by other fans and . . . who knows . . . maybe the next great Rebels star making a campus visit.

My quartet of Ole Miss customs are 1955 Topps All-American style cards of Archie Manning, Eli Manning and Michael Oher, and a 1952 Bowman-style card of Dexter McCluster.

How is it that I have not yet done a Chuckie Mullins card?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.