Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I finished my 1969-style Garvey

Well, I did it. I finished my 1969-style Steve Garvey "rookie" card. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out; I think I got the back color much closer to the original hue than I did with my 1969-style Thurman Munson.
I'm going to use this card to test a new process that will allow me to give my cards a glossy front finish like the originals. I found a self-adhesive sheet of lamination that's produced by the same company (Avery) that I use for the sheets on which I print my fronts and backs. I think getting the glossy laminate onto the fronts will be a bit tricky, and I'll likely run the first couple of attempts, but I think the final result will be worth it.
I hope getting this card off the drawing board will prove to be the incentive I needed to get back into more regular production. I've got so many projects waiting in the wings, it's hard to decide which to tackle next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, criticism, additional information, questions, etc., are welcome . . . as long as they are germane to the original topic. All comments are moderated before they are allowed to appear and spam comments are deleted before they ever appear. No "Anonymous User" comments are allowed.